Back to visit my Box of Chocolates I see! Well hopefully today’s chocolate does not leave as bad of a taste in your mouth as Avengers: Endgame did for me.
I have to admit, I am a huge Marvel fan! I absolutely love this series and I love the storyline of each and every character. However, after years of build up and of never being disappointed with a film, I am sorry to say that Marvel has let me down this time. Now, you may not have seen it, but if you have, you’ll probably have your own opinions and they are totally valid. I am not trying to destroy the movie or tear it down, but if you feel the way I do – I totally get it.
Without mentioning any real spoilers, here are my biggest issues with the movie:
- It should have been split into two separate, two hour movies because some things were way too rushed and inorganic.
- At the end of the film, it gives a little glance of what has become of or gives some direction as to where each of the original four Avengers are now – except for one. It gives end time to three of the four original Avengers, now that just seems wrong to me.
- One of the original Avengers is completely destroyed for me; they basically annihilate everything about the character in a way that does not make sense or have any seeming artistic value.
- There are some MAJOR plot holes.
- The fates of the Avengers, especially the original four, are somehow anticlimactic and also – though this may be a personal taste – disheartening, depressing, disappointing and definitely not where I would expect or want their stories to go.
- There are other things that bother me, but for the sake of not releasing any spoilers, I will bite down on my proverbial tongue for now.
Perhaps you feel differently, and I am open to other ideas and perspectives. Maybe there is something you are seeing that I have missed, and I welcome the feedback because as a longtime fan of the Marvel Universe, I am desperately trying to either rethink my perception of the movie or forget it happened all together. Because, for me at least, this didn’t necessarily ruin the series for me, but it was a major let down. I am still holding out hope that perhaps Marvel will come to their senses and fix their biggest mistake of all. But I guess we will have to wait and see in the future movies…